Thursday, January 17, 2008

16 JAN 2008 The peripatetic path home, thus far

"Hi friends! I've finally found a quiet comfortable spot to rest on my way home. Since I've got nothing to do but rest and wait for air travel, I thought it was a good chance to tell you a little bit about the road that got me here. I feel like I'm at a pit stop for the night on "The Amazing Race." It is wonderful to be here, but I won't have won until I get home to M!

I started thinking about redeployment the day I found out I was going to be deployed! I did do my best over there, every day, even if I was grumpy many of them. I know the work I did in Balad will probably be the most important work I ever do in my career, but not for an instant did I forget that I belonged home with my family."
Made difference

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home