Monday, January 14, 2008

I Knew It Was Coming

"I actually wondered why it hadn't happened before. Our press tends to assassinate us. In their fervor to recreate the journalistic glory of Viet Nam, you knew that they had to do it. They had to begin to portray veterans of this struggle as "troubled," leaning towards, "murderous." Perhaps it has happened before and I didn't notice it, but here it is;

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/13/us/13vets.html?em&ex=1200373200&en=1fa9132d20f1b605&ei=5087%0A

Here's the headline:

Across America, Deadly Echoes of Foreign Battles - New York Times

Chilling. Dramatic. Oooooh, deadly. What's deadly?

The New York Times actually did a series addressing "
Afghan Adventure
Jason at CounterColumn also has something to say about this story

Bullshit

1 Comments:

Blogger Nixon said...

It's all part of a big conspiracy to make all veterans fit the "crazy vet" stereotype. I resent this as I am only partially insane.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home