Wednesday, January 16, 2008

my buddy

"many people refer to their replacement as their “new best friend.” the phrase is used often enough that it’s actually a cliche here, so now anyone planning to go to iraq and not use trite expressions will know to steer clear of it.
does anyone remember saturday morning commercials for the “my buddy” doll? it had a theme song–”i take him everywhere that i go. my buddy and me, we can climb up a tree. my buddy and me, we’re the best friends that can be!” probably not. in case you do, that’s how i feel about ltc sanders. no, we have not climbed any trees together, but everywhere i’ve been the last 4 days (except here tonight), he’s been with me. it’s been fun to have a companion for work, meals, exercising, and talking before lights out. we’ve been accused of pushing our twin beds together, but that is not the case."
Balad Redux

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home