Friday, August 04, 2006

Bye Bye Beirut

"It is not easy to put my experience during the last two weeks into simple words.

But what I’ve witnessed made me face the naked truth. The truth I’ve been trying to hide from by being hopeful and optimistic.
I am still wondering though, whether I would have seen things differently had I watched it on TV sitting on my comfortable sofa in London.

The Lebanese first reaction after arresting the two Israeli soldiers; was that the timing of Hezbollah is wrong, as it was the tourism season. But their sentiment changed completely after bombing Rafik Al Hariri’s airport the next day.
They realised the real aim yet again of the Israelis well known to them from many previous assaults."
Madly in Love with Iraq
This is a new Blog around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home