Thursday, July 27, 2006

Apologies and Gossip

"So here is the deal: when I travel, I get lazy, and hence no blogging. But I promise to mend my ways, and as a peace offering I offer this piece of frivolous gossip: one of Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki’s chief aides allegedly got the FBI involved in a case of domestic disturbance involving his Virginia-based daughter and his son-in-law. Four or five days ago, this aide had sent a message to the FBI claiming that his son-in-law, who is a practicing Iraq-American medical doctor, was preparing to assassinate Maliki, or otherwise hurt him. Apparently, federal agents showed up at the guy’s clinic and inquired as to these allegations, and to be on the safe side, the son-in-law was barred from attending any of the functions held by Maliki for the local Iraqi community. "
Talisman Gate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home