Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Second Velez Son Killed In Action

Velez family in Lubbock has now lost two sons fighting in the war in Iraq. You'll recall their son, Freddy Velez was killed in Fallujah in 2004.
At 12:30 Tuesday afternoon, the family learned their other son, Andrew Velez was killed while fighting in Afghanistan. NewsChannel 11 spoke to Andrew's father Roy Velez back in February when he learned Andrew wanted to continue his military duty.

Roy Velez said he told Andrew, "I said I don't like your decision son. I said, but if that's what you want and that's what you have in your heart, then I'm behind you 100%."

Andrew is the second Velez son to die in the war. Their other son, Jose is also serving in the military. We spoke with Congressman Randy Neugebauer who said a member of his staff is with the Velez family.
KCBD

I was about to make another sarcastic remark about immigration policy, but I think for now I will just send my prayers to the mom and dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home