Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Standing Guard - Part II

"Right now there are countless men and women of the United States Armed Forces standing guard in some for or another. And this is an inherent part of being in the military. We could not do our jobs without their efforts. They are vital to every mission.


The Army’s first general order is “I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved.” You must have people guarding equipment, personnel, and the bases where soldiers are, or else the enemy will take full advantage of any opening he can find.


I haven’t unveiled some great mystery here. I know that. What I’d like to do is give my thanks, and simultaneously draw your collective attention to the military personnel in guard towers in Iraq, and especially those in the Ramadi area."
Wordsmith at War

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home