Wednesday, May 17, 2006

AKO Email

"Two days ago, I had to officially give up my AKO email account, which is the Army’s Yahoo! Mail. I owned fred.minnick@us.army.mil for seven years and the Army took it away from me without warning. Hundreds of people use this email, including every family member and college friend. And I’m pissed!

While I’ve been out of the Army since October, I figured they would allow me to keep AKO Web mail because of my overseas duty and nine years of selfless service. Perhaps it’s just me, but one would think the Army would like to keep close ties with veterans. So I emailed AKO’s help desk. And they sent me one of those generic responses that don’t tell you a damn thing. I swear, generic emails and computer operators are killing this country. What happened to service with a smile? When was the last time you actually talked to a person at a 1-800 number? OK, I digress. But seriously maybe we would be a lot happier in this country if we didn’t use so many machines every day. Enough said.

Back to AKO… Here’s a letter I plan to send to the secretary of the Army:"
In Iraq for 365

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home