Saturday, May 06, 2006

Credit is Due

"When OIF ("the Iraq War") started, I was a 17-year-old high school senior, somewhat accomplished academically, and poised to start college in the Fall of 2003. I was conflicted between wanting to avenge 9/11 and going to college, like everyone expected me to do. As cliche as it sounds, I was looking for meaning. I found that meaning in the writings of Ayn Rand and Robert Heinlein, but especially in two "war blogs." The now-extinct USS Clueless and Armed and Dangerous. In fact, if you look at some of my earliest archives you'll find that they were heavily influenced by those two blogs. So, I give credit where credit is due: thank you Steven Den Beste and Eric Raymond for the inspiration, for allowing me to see the bigger picture."
Yoan Hermida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home