Sunday, May 28, 2006

Bring in the Clowns

When I saw this Kunstler quote a couple of weeks ago I thought it a bit harsh. Then I picked up my morning yesterday – and all at once, I got it.

There, in 120 point bold headline type, above the fold, the lead story of the day, was the "news" that:

In less than 24 hours, singer Taylor Hicks would battle singer Katharine McPhee for the title of American Idol!

Clowns. We have indeed become a nation of frivolous, self-indulgent, over-weight, under-educated, un-serious, clowns. When an event of such monumental unimportance wins precious front page status, what other conclusion can be reached?"
News For Real
Recommended by Truth About Iraqis. After reading this I had to agree a bit. I have never even seen American Idol, and I have no Idea why it's so popular. Now if they were talking about an episode of Star Trek, that would be a different story, I could get with that, but Idol I have no Idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home