Saturday, May 27, 2006

Storm and Stone


"Over the past few weeks I have been working out the different elements for a painting to be titled Storm and Stone. This title came to me before any image of the piece appeared in my brain housing group (Marinespeak for one's brain). Normally I create a piece and name it afterwards..


In the early part of May of 2005 I went out on a "presence patrol" with the re-inforced 3rd Platoon of Lima Company, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment. This jaunt, commanded by 2nd Lt. Weiss, was destined for the foothills of the Tora Bora Mountains. We left Jalalabad, Afghanistan under a broad expanse of perfect blue on May 6th and headed towards a particularly spectacular place on the border with Pakistan called Wazir Pass. Our primary mission was to scout alternative pathways into and around this rugged tribal region for an upcoming operation."
Fire and Ice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home