Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Better Than March 14

"I woke up in the morning to watch T.V, and I was surprised to see the huge amount of people flocking down to martyr square in Beirut to mark one year of the Assassination of ex Prime Minister Rafic al Hariri. Let me put it this way: I come for Tripoli, and except for my old Grandmother and my pregnant sister, every single person I know has gone to the demo.

The problem is, the internet surfers are significantly under-informed about the scale of today’s demo. To people with satellite TV, it’s a completely different story. Aljazeera, for its now well known agenda, doesn’t even mention the demo on its webpage (11:00 GMT). Lebanese bloggers are not writing much because they left their pcs and joined. Worldwide media are not posting aerial pics. But the fact of the matter is, the people who came down to February 14, 2006, seem to outnumber those who came on March 14, 2005, considered back then to be Lebanon’s largest ever demo.

The event is unfolding and eventually better pictures will make their way to the net, but trust me on this one: if you had a TV, you would have been amazed."
Beirut Spring
Hat Tip Louise

Thanks Louise we need some good news form the ME, and this looks plenty GOOD. I'm just thinking that peer pressure being what it is in the ME maybe we will finally get a wave of it in our direction, maybe that sane majority that's said to be out there will finally see their world crumbling around then and stand up against the crazies. It's bound to happen one day, why not today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home