Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Long Live New Iraq

"Well, what I am going to talk about today has a background, but I will try to summarize it for you. In Basra, a southern Iraqi city and one of the biggest, riots stormed the streets after the British forces arrested two men loyal to Iraq’s youngest influential Shiite cleric, Muqtada Sadr. People demanded the release of the two men. Clashes then erupted between people, police, and Mahdi Army [Sadr’s militia] on one hand, and the British forces on the other. Amid this chaos, the Iraqi police arrested two British troops disguised in Iraqi clothes. The reason behind the arrest, the Iraqi forces said, is that the two Brits shot at Iraqis in the street!"
24 Steps to Liberty
New blog I just found at Iraq Bloggers Central he has a whole series going "The Largest Iraqi - Kurdish Bloggers Update In The Blogosphere" , and has found some new bloggers. Go check it out.

This one is like "sam" on steroids. But I have only read half a post, I stopped to post this when I read:

"We all know Mahdi Army never hurt innocent people. NEVER."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home