Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Turks: Arrest of Kurdish Rebels Ordered

"ANKARA, Turkey (AP) - The United States has ordered the arrest of top Kurdish rebel commanders in Iraq, a senior Turkish general said Tuesday, following a recent increase in bombings and attacks in eastern Turkey.
A U.S. military spokesman based in Iraq, Lt. Col. Steven Boylan, said he had heard nothing about such an order; in Washington, a Pentagon spokesman could not confirm the report."
My Way
I have a better Idea, why don't we tell the Turks that if they don't give the Kurds equal rights and representation, that we are going to have them all arrested. Maybe that would work out better for all. The nerve of these people, they keep their Kurdish population under their thumbs they don't let them speak their language, sing their songs tell their stories, don't give them and political right or property rights they cant travel or get passports name their children. I mean where does the blatant oppression end. I really think that we should rethink our friendship with the Turks, I know they have been our allies for over fifty years and they stood by our side against the Soviets, but that's over now, I think it's time for a change of strategy. I think first we end all the oppression and then we start talking about the Kurdish rebel problem. First things first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home