Tuesday, July 19, 2005

'We're Witnessing a Civil War in Islam'

"Ian McEwan, 57, talks about the atmosphere in London after the attacks, the fight against religious fanatics, the legacy of Tony Blair, and his new book, "Saturday," which imagines a day lived in the shadow of terrorism.

SPIEGEL Where were you when the bombs went off?

McEwan: I was here, I was working. I knew nothing. I'd been to the American Embassy to get my visa. I was crossing London when the bombs went off and I wasn't even aware of it. I mean, I was maybe two miles from Tavistock Square. My first sense of the fact that something was going wrong was just the sheer level of police sirens around me. We're used to a certain kind of background, but suddenly the helicopters and the sirens were just overwhelming."
Spiegle
Well I have posted all the credible looking stories that talk about a civil war. Anyone out there got more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home