Thursday, June 30, 2005

Retraction:
It has been brought to my attention that my comments below are incorrect. The blog does argue that the draining of the marshes was of necessity to create more arable land and flood control, as opposed to just punishing marsh Arabs, but after a closer reading I agree that the article does not implicate the US in caring out these projects for whatever reason they may have been done.

I thank the reader for bringing this to my attention.


Original post:
This is a new Iraqi Blog I found listed at Blog Count

Wafaa' al-Natheema

I was reading down and found this

IRAQ's Marshes Beyond Politics
Which after a quick reading seems to suggest that the marshes of southern Iraq were drained by the US for environmental, flood control, and to create more arable land.
Who would have guessed? Is there anything that we are not guilty of?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please read the article again.

There was no mention in it suggesting that the Marshes were to be drained by the USA. That was taken place in the 1990s by the Iraqi government. Kindly read it again.

Thank you,
Wafaa' Al-Natheema (who posted not written the article)

5:42 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I have reread the article and updated the blog.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home