Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jihad Watch: Iraq becoming Islamic state

Muqtada-al-Sadr.jpg
Al-Sadr: Against "rot"


I told you so -- on April 1, 2003, I wrote: "Many in Saddam's Iraq will want his secular regime to be succeeded by one that more or less conforms to the dictates of Islamic Shariah law. "

"Is free Iraq becoming a more Islamic state?," by Waleed Ibrahim for Reuters, December 15 (thanks to Twostellas):

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A group of men recently ordered Siham al-Zubaidi to close down her Baghdad hair salon for two months for Shi'ite religious festivities. She had no idea who they were but complied because she feared for her life.

"Can you just tell me who will pay the rent of my shop for these two months? What shall I do to support my family? What is the relation between hair dressing and religious events?" Zubaidi, 40, asked furiously. Read more...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home