Sunday, July 06, 2008

"Part of me is going to stay here"- Indiana soldier reflects on his time in Iraq

"Sgt. McCue pointing to Samarra where he's been deployed with 2nd/327th Infantry for nine months.)

Samarra, Iraq-
Steven McCue, 24, of Fort Wayne, IN has been training to be a soldier since he was in grade school.

His dad died when he was young, and his mother had difficulty controlling him, so she put him in the young Marines program.

"I threw my first grenade when I was fifteen," McCue said, and later joined the Army explorer program. "I was a freshmen going out to the firing range.”

He decided to join the Indiana National Guard just after high school graduation. When he found out he was being deployed with 1st/151st Infantry to Afghanistan he married his high school sweetheart so she and their infant son would "be taken care of" if anything happened to him."
IN-iraq

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home