Tuesday, July 08, 2008

As if we need more troubles

"As I was checking my inbox I read an email that really got my attention, it was forwarded by an Iraqi friend of mine, it might be true or might be not! But there are many reasons that made me somehow believe in what is written in it (which I'll mention later) so I decided to translate it as it and that's when I heard the terrible news, the high school students massacre so I want to discuss the ugly crime first and then I'll mention the other story.

Before I'll start talking about the ugly crime I must mention few things that seems so important in my opinion; Baghdad is suffering from a terrible heat wave for the past 4 days, I swear to god that I stayed for 10 minutes under the direct sun and I felt that I'll burn up if a stayed any longer...the students that I'm going to talk about are high school seniors and they are having the "Bacaloria" exam which will determine all their lives, careers and future because the higher the marks they get in those exams the better college they will be accepted in; so this is a very stressful period in the studying years added to that their exams were postponed and they are the last ones who have exams till now in Iraq and many of the specific group of the students that I'm talking about are living and studying in Diala government but they have to take their exams in "Sabi` bkar" which is in Baghdad."
Last of Iraqis

Parts of that story do ring a bit true. I have heard a different version of it before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home