Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Creatures of Habit

"...is what we're trained to be. The uniform standards, the rules and regulations; yet we are expected to be so very flexible. They beat the schedule into us, and then change it on a whim; I can understand not becoming "predictable" while out in sector. A constant schedule just lets hadj know when he can work and when he can't, but I don't understand the changes that are thrown upon us at the most random of times for seemingly insignificant reasons.

Oh well, I guess I'll deal, always have, always will. I've found myself in a strange place lately, I'm right in the middle of stressed out and relaxed. It's definitely not a happy medium, it's a strange feeling. When stressful situations arise, I'm more calm about how I react to them which is not always the best thing...and when I want to relax it is impossible, I'm restless with my mind racing a million miles a minute. I try my best to not be apathetic, to keep that focus all the way to the finish line, but it seems impossible. I find myself caring less and less about the people in my sector, and more about getting my happy ass back onto a plane to the states. At least I'm conscious of it, I think that's what will keep me going until the end."
False Motivation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home