Monday, February 04, 2008

Baghdad Hospital: Inside the Red Zone

"One of the most frequent things I covered when I worked as a journalist in Iraq was the car bomb explosion that targeted Iraqi civilians, police and army members and recruits. After going to the explosions sites, I mostly went to the hospitals to speak with the wounded people to have their voice heard in my stories. One of the biggest hospitals I used to go to was Yarmouk hospital.

Yarmouk hospital was featured today in a documentary on HBO. Yarmouk Hospital, located in a very dangerous part of Baghdad, is the focal point of hope and despair for thousands of wounded Iraqi civilians and their families. The documentary was filmed by Salih Mahdi within the facility. It chronicles the chaos both inside the Emergency Room and on the streets of the capital"
Treasure of Baghdad
Follow the link to see the videos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home