Thursday, January 10, 2008

1 JAN 2008 The year I go home

"Ah yes, it’s here. Happy New Year, all! Hope you had a wonderful time. Did you go to a good party? Did you celebrate? How was your New Years Eve kiss? I hope you did not have to work today so you had a chance to recover.

My New Year’s Eve was peaceful and quiet. After helping to get the two pigs to grilling and roasting, I had a quick dinner at the hospital DFAC and then headed to the hooch. I watched “Anger Management” with Adam Sandler and wrote some letters. Some wonderful students from Daniel Hand High School in Madison, CT had sent cookies and Christmas cards. Their tasty brownies and rice crispy treats kept the hospital working through some long hours of operations. I sent them letters to make sure they knew how much it meant to us to be remembered back home."
Made A Difference For That One: A Surgeon's Letters Home From Iraq
OK, I think I have decided that this blog Made A Difference For That One: A Surgeon's Letters Home From Iraq Is my new favorite milblog.

So I am awarding Chris, This Fucking War's Best new Milblog award. Congratulations!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bag Blog said...

I like Chris, too.

11:54 AM  
Blogger madtom said...

Thanks for the visit, I guess that makes two of us..

6:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, Madtom, thanks a lot!! If you imagine all that's out there, it's a high compliment to be chosen! I think I'm more like a tile in the mosaic of bloggers that all together produce a pretty good picture of the reality over here. Sometimes, much better than the media does! Be well! Chris

7:01 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

That is true, your just one tile out of many. But to me your blog represents something more than just that. You tell your story from your little corner of the war in a way that helps us relate to the horror that is war.

There are many good blogs, and many more hoorah blogs that only present a serialized view of the war. I try to search our those blogs that don't pull the punch. I am sure that the horrors you describe are only a small selection of those you see with your eyes. We here back home are constantly bombarded by the very clean patriotic view or war.
We are the good guys and at the push of a button the bad guys die. But that is, as far as I can tell, far, far from the reality on the ground for both our troops, the people of Iraq, or the enemy. It's not that I want to be entertained buy the horror show, I just want to know what is going on, so I can use that information when it's my turn to help shape the future of our country and the policy decisions that we will ultimately be called to make.

To that end your blog is in the same league with some of the best I have ever read.

It's one of the shining tiles in that mosaic of bloggers.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home