Saturday, May 19, 2007

Living the War for Another Tour or Survivor's Guilt...Again.

"Fourth Brigade Two I.D. is in Baghdad along side 3rd Brigade breaking in their new Strykers. They've already lost a few soldiers including a few Tomahawks from 2-23 Infantry. This wears on me. I have friends in 4th Brigade who were pulled over from us right after we got home. One buddy who was in my Platoon sent me a message over the instant messenger at 2 a.m. saying "It's crazy over here."

The numbers get smaller for me as new units deploy. Guys get out, they move on to other units, they don't care anymore and lose contact with the rest of us, but there are enough still running around that we all still have a stake in this fight. Whether emotional or physical the connection to this war is carried inside always. Civilians will never understand and I now know why the Vietnam vet's have so many issues with the War and it's legacy.

What if we lose."
A Candle in the Dark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home