Friday, May 18, 2007

The Myth of Post-Military Employment

"Over the past two years a situation has repeated itself numerous times. I’ll be talking with another company grade officer and the subject of future plans will come up. I’ll ask them about what duty stations they would like to see or programs they would like to apply to in the future. Then the conversation will shift to me and I tell them I’m planning on separating from the Marine Corps at the end of my contract. The next move is the same in about 70% of these conversations. The other officer looks at me with surprise in their eyes and says one of two things:
1. Showing great worry and concern: ‘What are you going to do?”

2. Showing anticipation that they know the answer is ‘yes’: “Oh, you have a job lined up?”"
Midnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home