Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Kidnap and Murder of Iraqi Professionals

"My aunt told me about an Iraqi doctor whose son was kidnapped recently. They demanded a ransom, which the doctor delivered himself. The kidnappers took the money and murdered both the father and his son. I do not understand why the Iraqi police are not involved in catching these murderers and arresting or killing them. My aunt said that she did not see any coverage of this particular kidnap/murder case, and I have not been able to find coverage of it on any website. It seems that many murders in Iraq go unreported, and that's why there is such a huge difference between Iraq Body Count's figures and the statistics reported in the Lancet study.

This article discusses kidnap and murder in Iraq, and also mentions the fleeing of Iraqi professionals to Kurdistan, where it is relatively safe. I know an Iraqi couple who is spending a month long vacation in Erbil. I have heard that Kurdistan's economy is booming."
Iraqi Mojo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home