Thursday, December 28, 2006

Guilt

"It was 9 p.m. when my cell phone rang. The screen showed an Iraqi number. My heart stopped for a minute! I was scared because it was about 5 a.m. in Baghdad . I immediately thought something bad happened! It was a second until I answered but it felt like an hour. Million things came into my mind in that second. Who was it? Why they are calling at this time? Something bad happened? Someone might have died?

It was one of my best friends in Iraq . I asked her what happened immediately. Her voice was different. She spoke slowly, sadly, and desperately. “I haven’t even slept, B,” she said. I was speechless! I didn’t know. I was afraid to ask her and get the saddest reply. Eventually I did.

“What happened?”"
Treasure of Baghdad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home