Sunday, August 06, 2006

It Saddened Me To Meet Fellow Iraqi bloggers

"A thousand miles away from home, but I still could smell the flat, round Iraqi bread. Although I don’t drink tea, I could smell the spiced tea they make back home. It was an Iraqi night. I was happy last night. I wasn’t alone, but Iraq was!

As usual nowadays in Amman, Jordan, you cannot enter a shop or a café without hearing a group of Iraqis chatting or joking or even whining. Last night it was our group, laughing. Ten young Iraqis gathered to talk about their lives and plans after they had to flee Iraq escaping the madness and violence that is killing at least 150 of their fellow countrymen every day.

I met Then Some, The Kid, Morbid Smile, Attawie, Micho, Healing Iraq, and of course Baghdad Treasure was there. It was the first time I meet those people. It is nice to put faces to the words I read regularly."
24 Steps to Liberty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home