Friday, May 19, 2006

Who else wants to die in Iraq?

"I was at work yesterday when my mother called to see if everything was fine and if I am going to come back home early or not. While we were chatting, she told me something that made me freeze on the chair I was sitting on.

As she was at the school where she teaches, one of her colleagues was sobbing in the teacher’s room surrounded by other teachers who most of them were crying. “I said to myself, it seems someone has died,” she said within herself. As she peered closely, she discovered that the teacher’s 6 month-old- infant was killed!

Few days ago, a group carrying identifications from the health ministry knocked at the door of the teacher’s daughter’s house. “Do you have children?”, the men asked the daughter. “Yes, one,” she replied. Then the men asked her to bring him to be vaccinated against polio. The infant was “vaccinated” but two hours later, he died.

The victim’s sobbing grandmother narrated how her daughter lost conscious when she discovered that her son was not vaccinated and was poisoned instead. At the same time nearly, two more infants in their early months were also poisoned the same way the first infant was killed with."
Treasure of Baghdad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home