Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Slah Al-Bandar

"A couple of weeks ago a US missile (or bomb) fell on uncle Shaker's house in Baghdad. Uncle Shaker is my mom's paternal uncle. He passed away some decades ago.

A shrapnel from the explosion sent his wife to join him.

My mom was in NYC at that time, she cried as usual. She cried the same way she cries every time we hear that someone died, whether we knew them or not.

Faiza, my mother, is such a great mother. She's a great Iraqi as well. She stood in the Congress last week like a lioness giving her testimony about what happened in Iraq. I felt so proud of her, and I'm sure all of the war victims are feeling proud of her as well."
Raed in the Middle
Well after living in saddam's Iraq these tears must be habit. Oh yea, I just remembered, when saddam killed anyone no one dared say a word or show any emotion but love for the leader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home