Friday, May 19, 2006

On nothing in particular...

"...On the other hand many of my friends, relatives or the people I know have either left Iraq or are planning to do so, actually instant messaging and emails have long ago become the only way I stay in touch with my friends.
"I'm going to take my family to Syria next month and will be staying there for a year or two until things calm down" or "I've been granted admission to a university in the UK" or "my uncle found a job for me in Egypt and I'm leaving next week"…
These are examples of what I get to hear from people I know and it's getting more and more frequent lately.
Not all people have the resources or the urgent need to leave Iraq; so they chose to be refugees inside Iraq; I have friends who left Baghdad and went to Najaf or Kurdistan seeking the nearest place where safety can be found...."
ITM
The ITM brothers seem to confirm what we read in that article from the other day about the exodus of the Iraqi middle class.. here
The funny part is the title, this post is about something "in particular". I'll leave it there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home