Monday, April 24, 2006

My Basrah

"By guest blogger Queen Amidala
From Basrah, Iraq


Dear Fay,

Here I am writing to you about my dear city. My Basrah.

First of all, you should know that currently there isn't real police in Basrah. We only have the militia.

The British troops have become very weak lately and I don't know why. But, it's been a while since the situation has gotten bad.

On 4th of April, the British troops received a very bad blow to them. Maybe more to their ego to be more precise. On that day, the British Embassy (consulate) was celebrating the Queen's birthday and it seems that they were hit by a mortar attack during the celebration. Since then, they seem to be going around themselves in endless circles.

In general, I had GREAT EXPECTATIONS in them. I had it in the coalition forces too. But, these were illusions.

You have to know that now in Basrah there is killing between Sunni and Shia like in Baghdad. "
Fayrouz in Beaumont

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home