Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Kids Wish To Die Because They Don’t Want To Be Kidnapped!

"I went to an elementary school to help in a story my friend is writing. We talked to kids about their lives and how they like school and why. After the bullshitting like “I like to study and love my teachers” because the assistant principle in the room with us while interviewing them, I tried to drag them to say something they really feel and want to speak out. So I started to encourage them with certain questions and examples. Then, they spoke it out.

It is amazing how a 9, 10, or 11-year old kid feels in this country. When I was their age, I never thought of death. Sometimes I did, because of movies, but I always thought it was stupid. But now, oh my my my. Kids think seriously about death and being killed. And the worse is when they say being killed is better than being kidnapped. Jeeeeez, what the hell are you talking about. Go find a soccer ball and waste some time kid!!!!"
24 Steps to Liberty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home