Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Life

"Last night a grain of hot metal tumbled through the air, a swift manmade meteor crashing through the heavens. The statistical chances of this solitary round impacting one the scattered buildings was negligible, and the chances of it actually injuring someone were almost infinitesimal. But in stark defiance to all known laws of probability, this small sliver of dead steel plummeted downward, downward, downward… until its path intersected a house. And then it continued on, tunneling its way into a little girl sitting down for the celebration of Ishtar. The round smashed into the girls head, its sheer velocity driving it on a merciless path through her neck and into her chest. Left alone she would have died in less than five minutes, her death throes painting the kitchen with bright spatters of arterial blood."
365 and a Wakeup

2 Comments:

Blogger madtom said...

Your welcome Stykerdad, that's what we do around here. I don't know if your aware of this, but the list of milblogs is getting thin. Apparently the results of friendly fire, so if you have any links to milblogs please drop me the links.

11:54 AM  
Blogger madtom said...

Strykerdad, thank you much for the link, and I will be happy to follow the blog an link new post on the front page. But I have a very strange sidebar link policy. I do not choose any of the links on the side bar, they chose me.

Let me explain a little, you see many people think that they can know something about a blogger based on the links on his side bar, so to avoid that problem and in keeping with the ideals put forward in my mission statement I did something completely different (mad), I put up no links, but then people out there started linking to me. So I thought it unfair and started linking back to those that had in and of their own accord linked to me. So you see in a way all my links have been randomly generated. If those links tell you anything, it's not about me but about those linked bloggers. Crazy I know.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home