Thursday, August 04, 2005

Be warned, rant follows....

"WHen I finish this enlistment, I'll have 15 years, 8 months time in service, including 10 years 3 months of active duty. I'll be an E-7, possibly an E-8, depending if I decide to go to ANCOC or not. I will have a years' time on a combat zone, 5 months deployment to Guantanamo Bay in the mid 90's, and approximately a half year of service in NYC after 9-11.

At this point, I'm probably going to serve out my enlistment and be done. I'll be 4 years and 4 months short of a retirement. I may, or may not, return to finish up my 20 years when my kids are older and this war has settled down.

We were discussing this earlier today, whether some people are going to go to NCOES as soon as we get back. I was told by a Major that there was no way I was getting out, I wanted that retirement check. I really think he doesn't understand that I don't serve because of a check. I serve because I (used) to believe in what I'm doing."
Inside Iraq -john of arabia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home