Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Flag Desecration Amendment

"I'd vote against it.

It's a flag. Not a graven image. I'm a civil libertarian. Flag burning and desecration should be legal. In the long run, having the freedom to burn this nation's symbol actually makes us look good. Every time some moonbat burns a flag in the U.S. on TV and it gets shown overseas, we get shown to be a tolerant and democratic society.

Freedom of expression is more important to me than a piece of cloth.

I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution, not the flag.

Plus, it helps us reliably identify the idiot fringe.

Burn, baby, burn!!!

Splash, out

Jason"
CounterColumn
I happen to agree. I have never burned a flag, but hey, if it's your flag and your having a flag burning party and you happen to run out of matches and lighter fluid, I would be more than happy to let you borrow a cup. Maybe even a bag of marshmallows! So you can count on a no vote from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home