Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Army's Rules for Blogging from the Battlezone

click here

1984? "
My War
All freedom loving people should be aware of this issue. Your freedom to know and have access to the truth is in danger

"We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here."
Gettysburg Adress

It's too bad no one is listening.

Last in this series

1 Comments:

Blogger madtom said...

I get the feeling from you response that you think I am a Milblogger? I am not, I blog from the war torn city of Miami Fla. And I am personally quite the tree hugging liberal but this blog is not about my political leanings, it's about this fucking war. And I try my best to bring as much news as I can find from any and all sides to the table. I am human of course and my own biases do creep in now and again.... shoot me.. I think that the new rules are meant to squash the voice of the milbloggers and I am not alone in that assessment. The milbloggers themselves feel the same way, and you can already see the effect it's having, there's nothing coming out of the milblogs, well nothing but pre approved cookie cutter hurrah..

" In my opinion, it's just a matter of time before blogs are taken away from soldiers (in my opinion)."
In Iraq for 365
Right there you have it in the words of a milbogger, a good one at that, and someone that I don't think you can call a liberal wiener. But the list goes on and on. I could list a much more comprehensive one.

Without sounding like a wiener myself I think it's up to us the civilians to demand an explanation, and I understand the need to maintain operational security, it's not the issue here, the issue here is who is the enemy, when did milbloggers get on that list? If you ask me this whole issue is much more about incumbent security and there aim is to have complete control of all the news.
I could be wrong, but till someone can convince me otherwise I will continue my personal crusade to get the news and bring forth those voices that have been squashed.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home