Friday, September 17, 2010

Natural News: Popular Asian spice can cure Alzheimer's disease


Credit: Hira Halal Foods.com


(NaturalNews) Nature is full of various herbs and spices that protect against disease and even treat and cure it. And according to Chris Kilham, an ethnobotanist and Fox News' "Medicine Hunter", turmeric root -- also known in its extract form as curcumin -- is one such powerful spice that appears to both prevent the onset of Alzheimer's disease and even cure it.

"People who develop Alzheimer's disease get a sticky plaque in the brain called amyloid beta," explained Kilham to Dr. Manny Alvarez in a recent Fox News interview. Such plaques either develop as a result of Alzheimer's, or they are the direct cause of it. But either way, they are directly related to the degenerative process.

However studies show that turmeric actually eliminates these plaques, both when they are first starting to form and even during the late stages of their advancement. Read more...

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger CI-Roller Dude said...

I'm sorry, I forgot what you were writing about, I'll have to start over again....

11:13 AM  
Blogger madtom said...

Thanks a million Mister Ghost.I an going to try it starting tomorrow. I'll keep you updated on any results.

9:21 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

I guess our fist report. I went down to GNC and picked up a bottle Turmeric, and gave it to my old man. Today he gave mom the first pill. He reports that it had the effect of sort of a hot flash. her hands got warm. My mom has always had cold hands.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous ray ban sunglasses outlet said...

That's really nice article, i like it!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home