Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Chicken with her Head Cut Off

"People eat everything here. Meaning, they eat the entire fish, they eat every organ of a cow, and they eat every single piece of a chicken.


Our landlord had a party the other day in our house which we were invited to (wasn't that nice of them?). A woman came around with a bowl of fried chicken and let people reach in a chose a piece. (I had seen them earlier that morning tossing around several whole chickens in the kitchen.) So Hannah and I each picked out one, and Hannah turned to us and said under her breath, "I got the head." She was petrified, because it is disrespectful not to eat everything on your plate. So she's sitting there going.... oh my god what do I do... So she took a long look at it and nibbled just a little on the head, and slowly lowered it down into her napkin. Well, she just couldn't do it. But later I saw Corine, a 13 year old girl who lives next door, delightfully chewing on a chicken's foot. I asked her if she liked it, and she said yes, like it was the most ridiculous thing I could have ever inquired about. Then I asked her about the head, and she responded the same. So I said, "You eat the brains? The eyes? The beak? Everything?" She goes, "well no, not the eyes.""
Molly Dingledine

This is a new blog, even new to me, I have no idea how it got in my reader, or what it's about. Check it out and let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home