Sunday, December 14, 2008

...And Justice for All

"I've written several posts about the great men that I serve with and have served with here in Afghanistan. They're what makes America great and the driving force that's rebuilding an Army and a country here. Well; much to my dismay I came across articles on both Bouhammer and Bill and Bobs about this hugely distasteful skit on the Onion. Lampooning wounded warriors. I can say with certainty that one of my greatest fears here is that something will happen to one of my soldiers, they will be wounded or worse killed and the idea that that an organization would then make fun of them makes me want to vomit.

Many soldiers who have been wounded wish only to return to their units and continue the fight with their buddies. I've heard and seen soldiers that despite life altering injuries express only the desire to return to the fight. These are not the types of people to ridicule."
Afghanistan Shrugged

Errr, not about the soldiers...wrong no doubt, but it's not about the soldiers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home