Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day Shift

"Well, the company is now on a day shift. And by company, I mean our squad. The other squads in the platoon sleep peacefully, unbothered by micromanaging NCOs. SGT 300 has a schedule for us starting at 0600. If there is no PT, like today, wakeup is 0700. He comes in, turns the lights on and yells at us to wake up. Then we sit here until 2200 or so until it's time to go to sleep again.

ShittyTC comes in and informs me that I owe $13 for a company t-shirt. I was not aware I agreed to buy a company t-shirt. Unit shirts are usually worn in place of the PT shirt in PT gear, but ours is not authorized, so it is just a civilian t-shirt. I inform ShittyTC that I have no use for a unit t-shirt and he screams in my face doing the drill sergeant bit about how he has better things to do then track down money for company t-shirts. I smile. Isn't this why NCOs make more money, because they are given more authority and responsbility for things like tracking down money for company t-shirts? I pay my money and then ask for my shirt. Problem; shirts haven't been made yet. They are being made at another base in Kuwait and will be handed out as soon as we take a PT test, which I've already taken. At this point, I assume that I will never see that $13 again, just as the guys who bought extras assuming we could wear them with PT shorts paid $52 for 4 and their receipts "got lost." "
Fobbits need ice cream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home