Sunday, August 31, 2008

Introduction-Where is Iraq going?

"As an Iraqi who have watched the developing process of "Democracy" in Iraq, I have always seen the unexpected. Optimism was for a long time the tool that I used to stop from grieving over my destructed land. Now, I am not optimistic anymore, I am just hopeful.


I have always asked myself if I do believe in the news, if I should trust what my prime minister is saying, if I should forget the fact that my people are dying everyday and look at the bigger picture. But whenever I try to look at the bigger picture, it gets smaller and smaller. "
The Iraqi Future

A new Iraqi blog, from an old Iraq blogger. The old 24 Steps to Liberty

"It was very dissatisfying to see the way people voted."

I have to admit I never understood why you people felt that way. People needed to believe that their vote counted. As a matter of fact some prominent Iraqi Americans were against the election because they were sure they were fixed. Can you imagine the war we would have had had we rigged the election, or in some way prevented the people from voting who they wanted?

The fact that they voted for who they wanted and that the results matched their wish is the only reason that we in the end were able to achieve what we have. Now it's most likely a different story. Now people don't know or are not sure what they want, and so the next election will be the most dangerous one. Because no one will be able to assure the results

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home