Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Free Bird Part One

"We packed the last of our shit up and tossed duffels and rucksacks into the backs of five ton trucks and played the waiting game on the gravel.

Sprawled out at the airfield and shot the shit til the sun went down, and soon the helicopters touched down in shifts, loading us up. The wind from the rotors damn near knocked me over, same as it always does, and we squeezed inside. I found myself staring at a wall of duffel bags, thinking about how bad it would suck if it all avalanched on me.

The bird began to lift off and I flipped the bird towards the back ramp and shouted, "FUCK YOU, WARHORSE, FUUUUUCK YOOOOOU!", barely audible over the roar of the helo."
The Unlikely Soldier

I for one have enjoyed and looked forward to see your ramblings, and am sorry to see you go...though I am sure your not.

Thanks for one of my favorite milbloggs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home