Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Done with Gathering of Eagles. Buddy, you owe me a beer.

"Some of you with a little more experience than me in this arena may be shaking your head just about now that I wouldn't have known this, but I'm not ashamed to man up and admit it: even despite the actions Gathering of Eagles members have taken, I still thought there was a potential the entire organization was not full of crazy.

My first introduction to Gathering of Eagles was on September 15th, when one of them decided to rip a picture of Carlos Arredondo's dead Marine son off of Carlos Arredondo's coffin and run away with it. Carlos went to retrieve it, and about five GoE members jumped on him. One is unrepentant, the others claim that they didn't know what was going on and hugged him afterwards. I'm highly doubtful, but that's just because I saw Carlos' injuries."
Active Duty Patriot
Here's a new milblogger, and a new link for my sidebar.
What else can I say but thanks

8 Comments:

Blogger Nixon said...

Haha, this guy's awesome. I respect anyone who can start this sort of controversy. I'm aligned with the more moderate votevets.org, but being moderate doesn't get you comments like the ones SGT has on his blog.

Here's an email I wrote him

SGT,

I found your blog by way of this fucking war. Madtom is a good dude and runs a good blog. While I don't necessarily support IVAW, I do respect any opinionated vet and anyone who can get that many comments on a new blog with 4 posts. You certainly know how to stir up the primordial pot that is the blogosphere! My hat's off to ya!

LT Nixon

11:49 PM  
Blogger Army Sergeant said...

Time to say thanks in my turn! I'm still new to this milblogging thing, but it's nice to know it's every bit as much a brotherhood as the one in person, just a little different.

12:03 AM  
Blogger madtom said...

"every bit as much a brotherhood"

Boy are you in for rude awakening.
You'll find out soon enough, it's ever man for himself on the WWW.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Nixon said...

as much a brotherhood

Well I will rarely say a nasty thing to a fellow military member like yourself, but I've seen some major ugliness at times (major). You've always got a brotherhood with myself, but I can't speak for anyone else. Welcome to the ugly ugly world of politics and war. Join the party!

12:19 AM  
Blogger madtom said...

army sergeant,

Before I forget, you do know that "MS Paint" spray paint you put on your paper to black out your personal information, can be removed with the right software and is not secure. I'm not an expert, I think there is a way to make it secure, but if you just used the default settings people can undo it,

12:29 AM  
Blogger Army Sergeant said...

Three. Brotherhood of three is better than Army of One! Oh, wait, sorry, we're Army Strong now.

Also, thanks for the heads up, madtom. I'll look into how I can make that foolproof. The last thing I need is some agitated jackass looking up my info and deciding to play idiot.

12:47 AM  
Blogger madtom said...

Just for the record, I am not in the Army. I am a civilian, a Cuban American, living in South Florida. The blog is dedicated to the war, and is sort of a personal research project. That and the fact that I fell in love with milblogs and wanted to share them with the world.

Like I like to tell people, I want to learn the lessons from Iraq, so I can try an apply them when the day Cuba is freed, and has an opportunity to transition from dictatorship to some kind of free society.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Army Sergeant said...

Still cool by me-and I will hope for you that it is very soon. I hear that Castro is in his deathbed, or just about, so it may be pretty soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home