Friday, December 28, 2007

Thinking Time...Again

"So, I've stated numerous times that this country and job allows too much time for contemplation, too much time to dwell on the thoughts that you would normally brush off and push to the back of your mind. Minor nuisances haunt your thoughts, and the monotony of it all just enhances the focus on the minute and insignificant.

So after my little Christmas Holidays Trip to Balad Hospital, I find myself on 1 Week Administrative Duty Profile, translated for those not in the military: I can do paperwork only for the next week, I'm not allowed to wear my gear, think about wearing my gear, go on convoys, missions, or pull guard duty. So that leaves me...sitting in my tent for the majority of the day (I'm on day 1 of the profile mind you) twiddling my thumbs, watching every movie I own, and letting 1 million random thoughts race through my mind. Some guys would love for a profile like this, personally I think it sucks; but I'm also a big fan of not killing myself and vomiting blood scared the crap out of me"
False Motivation

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon and get back to the world of shit!

Mack.

12:37 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

Hey Mack,

Thanks for reading but remember that most of the milbloggers that I post here don't even know this blog exist, so you'll have to follow the link to the original blog and wish them a get well there.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home