Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Veterans Day Parade

"Coming from the opinion of an Iraq war veteran, I can testify that Veterans Day--a day of remembrance for all the veterans who sacrificed their lives, limbs, and sanity for the decency of American society--strikes me as a shallow, contemplated lie, and really does not mean a damn thing to me.
And why should it? To some, this callous attitude towards a national holiday may appear unjustified, or that as a veteran, I may sound ungrateful for it. But to frame this holiday into a rational context, I have to ask: When the negligence and indifference towards the humanity and respect of a group of people can be so easily redressed once a year on a federally mandated holiday, why should we place any amount of importance on this faux holiday of remembrance, and especially when it insults our intelligence?"
Fight to Survive

1 Comments:

Blogger Combat Doc said...

Just so you know, it was the wanna be new bloggers only doing it to get their 15 minutes that did me in. The fact that I get calls from the press about blogging only so they could call on others instead of me. Why work if the only people listening are those I'm not trying to get to.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home