Tuesday, November 06, 2007

No day off in combat!

"I'd like to think I don't normally write about how pitiful my life is and curse to the heavens, "Why Me, Lord?" I'd like to think that I have accepted my time here and shed a positive light on what I do. I'd like to think I don't feel worthless or angry because I am stuck on the FOB.

Today though, I feel like saying that I am tired and there is a big part of me that says, "Suck it up!" and I am okay with that. I have only had two days off since I got to Iraq in January and not many more than that since we were mobilized. I have worked a few six-hour days and many, many ten to sixteen-hour days.

One day I had off because a friend was killed; never want another day off like that again. The other day off was back in July to get things ready for my two weeks of R&R. Since August I have worked eight to thirteen hours a day, seven days a week. Okay, here is the "Suck it up!" part. We are all doing that, right? Wrong."
This War and Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home