Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fellow Army Girl's Career Transition

"Guest post from another Army Girl:

Job Hunting as an Army Girl, soon to be no longer, can be quite discouraging. One thing I am trying desperately to keep in mind is that many MANY people who were far less qualified than I (no ego involved here) have obtained jobs in my field for the past several years, some of whom have no business in a position of trust.

That being said, it is still a challenge to stand out in a world full of college graduates with, let's say with masters degrees, who have a great deal of experience in studying, test-taking, and writing essays (and let's not forget social situations and public speaking!) Now, let's say I can do all of this- and in full combat gear! Does that make me more, or less appealing? I ask honestly, I have no idea how to look at myself from, well, the point of view of a Hiring Manager or prospective employer."
Army Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home