Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Imagine

"On to more serious matters. I was reading The Sandbox this week, and on the 21st, CAPT Lee Kelley, who is a fellow blogger, deployed to Iraq and home about the same time we were, wrote about his struggles upon returning home. Despite a divorce, he maintains a stubborn optimism, and I wish him the best.
It got me thinking about my adjustment. Things have changed a bit for me. I find it hard to get very passionate about anything. The summer was a blur of projects that had to be done, visitors to entertain, all while trying to return to “normal” life. I would not presume to compare myself to men and women who have post-traumatic stress disorder, or anything close to it. Sonic booms still send chills down my spine. They remind me of car bombs."
A*W*A*C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home