Thursday, April 12, 2007

From the Mail Bag

I know this is ultra last minute and probably creepy to be hearing from me after so long-- creepy in the way that sending random emails to ex-girlfriends you haven't spoken to in more than a year is-- but for those of you who live in New York City, tonight I will be part of a panel presentation to be moderated by Anthony Swofford of Jarhead fame at Housing Works Bookstore Café in Manhattan located at 126 Crosby (just below Broadway) at 7pm tonight. The first hour will the panelists (including myself) sharing their thoughts, stories, and photographs, followed by a question and answer period. This venue (right in the heart of my former stomping grounds in Manhattan) is a really cool used bookstore that is part an organization that does non-profit AIDS and homelessness work.

The New York Observer did a brief write-up about the event that you can read here. Follow the link, if for no other reason, than to see the awesome graphic they did for the article of a soldier furiously blogging amid a combat firestorm.

I've never done a reading and I've never been part of a panel. Most the guys on the panel had something to so with the anthology Operation Homecoming and it's accompanying documentary that aired on PBS. Watch the trailer for the doc here-- it looks pretty cool. It includes Colby Buzzell, another blogger-author whose writing you may like if you like mine.

I'd love to meet those of you who live in the NYC area, even if it's just to hang out afterward, so please come down.

-Jason


I would love to go, but my plane has a flat tire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home