Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hell hath no fury

"… Like a bloggers scorn.
At least Gen. Pace has learned that today.

More than a few bloggers (here, here, here, here and here just to name a few of the more prominent ones) are jumping up and down on the Chairman for his remarks that “homosexuality is immoral.” He blamed cited his Christian upbringing as the source of his statement.

I am extremely disappointed.

First, I may be wrong (I am Jewish), but I thought I remember that Jesus saying something to the effect of he who is without sin casting the first stone.

Second, since when is it the role of the CJCS to be America’s moral cheerleader? His job is to fight and win wars, not lecture us on morality. If he had a relevant comment about Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell and unit cohesion, that is one thing. (Personal aside, I think DADT is stupid and gays should be allowed to serve openly. And my general feeling is that most milbloggers don’t give a damn if there are gays in the military.)"
The D-Ring

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you are aware of the links on the original post, but two of them are to the "Huffington Post" and "Think Progress.com"

Yeah, they're credible experts on military readiness.

Jesus also said "go and sin no more"...so your reference defeats your point.
I think if you check Leviticus you might find what you're looking for.

Here's another view on Pace:
Pace's Blunder

12:34 AM  
Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

I believe Gen. Pace was answering a direct question, not making pronouncements for the Hell of it.

He should lie about his personal opinions?

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ,

Thanks for your views. I didn't cite HuffPo and Think Progress for their military expertise. I cited them as sources of outrage in the blogosphere. Since you missed this, you appear to have missed the entire point I was making -- that personal statements by public figures have real consequences online.

As far as biblical references are concerned, I think it is high time that everyone stop cherry-picking the bible to attack other people and worry more about being a good person.

The bible says it is a sin to wear garments made of two different materials. Should I throw away my poly-cotton blends? The bible says that I should not mix meat with milk. No more cheeseburgers?

The God I believe in doesn't want me to judge or criticize or hate or scorn or isolate anyone He made who is "different." Because we all are. Different from you is not a sin.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was simply correcting your misprint on Biblical references.

I have gay friends...("friends".. that means I like them). However, they know that I won't listen to them spout drivel about how when a man inserts his penis into the anus of another man it is somehow equivalent to the Natural jigsaw puzzle that is man and woman.

Whether you view it from an evolutionary, humanistic, or medical standpoint it is a destructive manner of sex.

I am glad you can somehow rationalize around these points to see something good in it. I won't deny reason, empirical evidence or logic in this case. Good luck with that though.

How do you feel about pederasts and those who fancy animals, vegetables, dead folks, etc....

God made them that way? Really, did you ask him? There is no science to back up that statement (believe me, this argument was part of my Psychology degree), so again, I congratulate you on your faith. Try this, it contains scholarly dicussions on the issue: NARTH

11:05 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

"Whether you view it from an evolutionary"

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the comments, sorry I have no time for a response, just this.

Now they want to claim "evolution". maybe it just works different for the penguins

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home